Each semester, our lab provides mentored research experiences for undergraduates. These often occur through Biology 151/152 independent projects or independent research course credit (Zoology 299 or 699). If you are interested in working in our lab for Fall 2017, please email Dr. Laura Ladwig (Damschen Lab Postdoc) at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if there are openings available and if there is a good match between your interests and the work in our lab. Please include the following in your email:
- Name, campus address, phone number, and email
- Year in school
- Major and expected date of graduation
- Course schedule in Microsoft Word grid format
- Formal resume – include any previous lab experience
- A statement indicating why you are interested in working in the Damschen Lab
Students must be self-motivated, able to work independently, keep open communication with other lab members about progress and problems, and seek creative solutions to challenges that arise. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel is helpful. We are especially interested in working with students who have career interests (or potential career interests) in ecology, botany, or related fields.